Tuesday, April 5, 2016

What Does Peace Look Like To You?

At Peace! What does that mean to you? I have been in therapy with a couple of different therapists until I found Darrell. When I went to him I decided to "get my money's worth" out of therapy this time. I was going to just be myself and let the chips fall where they may. Honestly, I don't know if it was me deciding that or if Darrell is really good at tricking me. So I'm going to just chalk this one up to me. haha

I remember in one of my very first sessions with Darrell he asked me what I desire most. I answered, Peace. He asked me what Peace looked like. I had no ideal! All I knew it was a word attached to a feeling that I wanted. So we explored that more and it took months for me to find out what Peace meant to me. But I know now.

Today our 17 year old dog, Boo, is dying. I don't have the courage to take him to the vet and put him down. Plus, he's not in pain, he's just really old. And for the last 3 days he hasn't been eating and today I just know that he is slipping. So I have decided to care for him at home. I have wrapped him up and held him none stop. I'm praying over him and talking to him. I feel like he is part of our family and I don't have the right to choose when he dies so I'll just make him comfortable.

Boo and I were outside on the back porch and I'm praying over him and I asked God just please take him. Please give me Peace, Holy Spirit. Just then a peace over came me like you can only explain like relief. Like that feeling of grasping something too tight and not realizing it. Then loosing up your grip only to find your knuckles to almost throb from the blood pumping back into them. Then giving yourself that chuckle of "why was I gripping so tight?" chuckle. You know the one!

That relief feeling when the Holy Spirit sends Peace to you can be explained like when you make your face turn red and then release it and you can breath again. And that calm feeling of oxygen flows throw your body. That is what the Holy Spirit is, that is what He provides...Oxygen to your Soul!

I used to go to my imaginary safe spot in therapy which was the woods. Now I don't have to rely on myself to go to the woods in my mind. My safe spot and Peaceful feeling doesn't have to be me working on it, all I have to do now is ask for the Holy Spirit to "Give me Peace, In Jesus's Name, Amen." And instantaneously, I will be at the peace that I have so longed for.

So when I think about the question now, "what does peace look like to me?" I looks like me bowing my head in the middle of a tornado and asking the Holy Spirit to protect me and give me peace. And I WILL be protected and given that peace I need at that time.

Jesus sent the Holy Spirit down here on Earth to help us with our everyday lives. Sure Jesus is with us, but why not ask on Someone Whom is closer. It's like having a Supervisor and an Executive. If you are a Customer Service Rep. who are you going to go for with questions about your job for immediate answers? Not the Executive that really has no idea how to answer phones on the daily. You're going to ask your Supervisor. I'm not saying that Jesus is above the Holy Spirit He's not, but I am saying this to try to explain the lines of communication

All Three; Father, Son, and Holy Ghost make up the Trinity and therefore are all God. It's like multiplying 1x1x1=1 instead of adding 1+1+1=3


Dedicated to Boo Bear, You will always be in our hearts and noses. We love you!

No comments:

Post a Comment