Friday, September 30, 2016

I Believe In God With All My Heart, Because I Feel God With All My Heart

I would like to write about the Book of Jeremiah. For some reason this Book in the Bible has caught my heart this week. First off, Jeremiah was older when God began talking to him. But when Jeremiah DID start listening to the Lord...it was "Bible-Writing Worthy" . If you know what I'm talking about?!?!?! Here is some of my favorite verses... 
Jeremiah 1:5-8 ,The Message
This is what God said:
Before I shaped you in the womb,
    I knew all about you.
Before you saw the light of day,
    I had holy plans for you:
A prophet to the nations—
    that’s what I had in mind for you.”

-That verse is proof God knew how He was going to individually create every single nook and cranny of you before you were born. God also created us with a purpose. Jeremiah's purpose was to be a prophet. Do you know what your purpose is? 
The only way we find our purpose is through a close relationship with God. And how do you get that? You ask? It starts with Salvation. Just like I wrote in my previous Blog...
 http://li2w.blogspot.com/2016/09/2-sides-to-being-born.html
From there the "mustard seed" has been planted and you get in the Word, pray, find a good church that does an invitation every single service, and forgive yourself of your past (that is the most important!)

But I said, “Hold it, Master God! Look at me.
    I don’t know anything. I’m only a boy!”

-Typical response, wouldn't you say???? I think mine have been, "Are you sure God?", "Do I really have to?" and "I'm not worthy". That is just the devil seeing an opening to do his work. It's so important at those times to concentrate on The Holy Spirit. Ask The Holy Spirit to "fill up the place around you and calm your heart". He will, right then and there. That is what Faith is. And God giving you the calmness is Grace. 

7-8 God told me, “Don’t say, ‘I’m only a boy.’
    I’ll tell you where to go and you’ll go there.
I’ll tell you what to say and you’ll say it.
    Don’t be afraid of a soul.
I’ll be right there, looking after you.”
    God’s Decree.

-I don't know about you, but when I read, “Don’t say, ‘I’m only a boy.’ I tend to cringe. The one person you don't want to make mad is God, and it sounded like Jeremiah made Him a bit testy. But God didn't get mad, He gave Jeremiah encouragement and love. That is what God Is. He is Love, Encouragement, and any other positive word you can think of. 
    God comforts us in verses 7-8 by telling us we don't have to be anxious about anything. God is talking to Jeremiah, but really, the Bible is for all of us to learn and live by.  Do you all understand that? This story is about Jeremiah, but God does this for everyone that is Saved and who believes in Him. 
    It is my belief that people tend not to believe in God because it's a control thing. I think people correlate God with control. But in all reality, God is just the opposite. He gave us the gift of "Free Will". He understands that we only control ourselves. And still loves us anyway.
    But when we decide to let go of the control, and hand our hearts over to Jesus, God's Grace is like falling on a gurney when you're absolutely exhausted.  Jesus will carry us through any hard times or traumatic events, and make those devastating times "doable". He says, "Don’t be afraid of a soul. I’ll be right there, looking after you.I believe that with all my heart, because I have felt that with all my heart.
   I love these next verses..."hand-delivered" 
9-10 God reached out, touched my mouth, and said,
    “Look! I’ve just put my words in your mouth—hand-delivered!
See what I’ve done? I’ve given you a job to do
    among nations and governments—a red-letter day!
Your job is to pull up and tear down,
    take apart and demolish,
And then start over,
    building and planting.”

-This is when I think that God is a funny guy. When God reaches out and touches Jeremiah's lips and then says His words where, "Hand-Delivered". That's funny! I love the fact that (I like to think) My God has a sense of humor, or has given me one. Ha Ha! The "Red-Letter Day"   means a holiday. That's how I'm going to read it. A celebration! Jeremiah has his purpose. And finally knows it! Praise Jesus!
    




There are so many reasons to want to turn our lives over to God. He makes life livable. God never lets you forget your purpose, and everyone has a purpose. 



Thank you to all the Missionaries out there preaching God's word and getting people saved. Combine that with God's gift of Salvation... and you get God's Grace. Praise Jesus! 

In Jesus's Name, Amen 

#MakingGodEasy


























No comments:

Post a Comment