Sunday, September 4, 2016

"Sister's Close"

Do you ever wonder why God puts people in our life? And then we become friends with these strangers. I mean we really bond with these people outside our family. I'm talking about  the "best friend" level kind of people. I'm lucky because I have one of these people in my life. And that makes me blessed.





Sometimes you meet these friends when you're in college or living in the suburbs. You'll be you're in your mid 20's or early 30's.  But here's the kicker...You'll have about 8-10 friends at this time but only about 1 or 2 will hang in there for your lifetime. But the good news is these are the friends that you will consider family. These best friends are true gifts from God.

My best friend is named "Lisa". (It's not but, I'm going to give her some privacy. hahaha) We have been friends since 2002. That is when her family moved about 2 houses down from us. Two of her three children were the same age as my 2 youngest children. To this day 2 of our boys are still extremely close, like brothers close. As for Lisa and I, we are "Sister's Close".

That's really nice for me because I don't talk to my sisters anymore. (which is a Blog itself) Lisa has taken my sister spot for me. It's so nice to have a friend that is willing to take on that role, and never asking anything back. She doesn't even know how much she means to me. As far as she knows she is just a someone I call "my only friend". Because she is my only friend. Lisa is truly the only person I hang out with outside of my family.

The thing that makes us so great is that we don't judge each other. We just don't. She is my first adult friendship, and it is so nice. I know secrets about her and she knows secrets about me and we just accept each other, without judgement. How many other people can say that they have friends out there like that? I am blessed.

I have seen Lisa at a very low point and she has seen me through some very low times in my life. She was by my side after my suicide attempt. And I was right next to her during her divorce. Because that is what sisters do for each other. I don't know what I would do without her in my life. She is very important to me, and she doesn't even realize it. I just hope she feels the same about me. I want to be an energy giver and not sucker.

"Lisa" if you ever read this...please know that you are so important to me and to God. You are Light and Salt! You are an inspiration and a survivor. You make me laugh all the time with you stories. You are beautiful...especially when you smile! I love you Sister! Please always remember that!



No comments:

Post a Comment