Friday, January 29, 2016

Do I Offend?

Why do people get offended when you bring up God to them? I don't get it! People don't get offended when we talk about a top local news stories. Do you understand what I'm saying to you? I can talk to someone about the Kardashian's and most would get all up in that conversation. But if I were to bring up God and what He has done in my life...those same people would be like, "Oh NO! I  don't want to hear it." or "That's good for you." or "God? God Who?" or worse, "Who is your God?" Like there is actually more than one God!

I hate to tell you all this but there is only one (1) God. That's it! No more than that. We have made more Gods ourselves, like Buddha, Allah, and so on but those Gods were made up by us. They never created the earth and the planets. They didn't create anything, that is why if you follow one of those "man-made" gods you never find that inner peace you are searching for. The only way to find that peace that we are all yearning for is with the one true God...Jesus Christ...The Holy Spirit...The Trinity

You see God is where you will find true solitude. God loves you, He knows everything about you and STILL loves you! He knows you so well that He knows how many hairs are on your head, even if your are bald, He knew how many hairs used to be on your head. This is the kind of love that you are wanting from your spouse. The kind of love that you are constantly asking your significant loved one to give you.  I get that because I used to do that to my husband. I used to say things like, "why can't you show me affection?" "if you loved me you would hold my hand" I did that kind of stuff to him all the time.

But you see, my husband is just a person, and not a God. I had to get true acceptance from God first before I could love or be loved. Once I accepted God's love and truly understood what that meant, I was able to let Mike love me the way Mike wanted to, and not the way I was wanting him to. By me allowing God to love me first, it took the pressure of failure off of Mike.  It was the failure of not loving me correctly that I was putting on Mike. And in turn I am able to love Mike completely with all my heart.

No comments:

Post a Comment