Saturday, January 30, 2016

How Cool Is That!!!

I don't know about you but I know that I when I listen to some of these TV preachers I either get a canker soar from them being too sweet about God or a sour face because they are yelling at me about God. There is one on TV that always smiles while he preaches about God in this almost whispery kind of voice. And he has a huge following. That is because he only says good about God. This preacher is never convicting in what he has to say about God. This preacher is a joke.

But then there is a man on TV, a large fellow, and he is always yelling in this stern voice. When I listen to him I feel like I'm in the principal's office. And then there is the woman on the TV with the "Joker's" mouth. She has lots of good things to say. But the problem is hearing it on a daily basis is rough. Hearing how you have to constantly change your ways and how I'm living my life wrong is very discouraging.

Here is the thing, if we could combine all these preachers into one that would make for one great church. You feel me? I would like to give you a little insight on how easy it is to live for God. 

You know when you do something wrong and you apologize to that person? Well, you need to do that same thing with God. Just ask God for forgiveness. But in our lives we have to do that a lot more often. I'm talking about the way we think, the way we speak, the way we behave honestly needs to have a conscious effort to be for God. The word Christianity means little Christ. We are little Jesus's. How cool is that!!! So this is a habit, that's all it is. 

A habit like stop smoking, like stop sucking your thumb, like remembering to brush your teeth and to shower. So when you do something that you know is against God just say, "God please forgive me. In Jesus's Name, Amen". And it's done. He forgives you like that. How cool is that!!! No need to beg for forgiveness! Nothing like that! You ask and He gives it to you. That is how great our God is!  

The more you do this the more your actions and behaviors will become aware to you. It will become second nature to you to live for God and people will see the change in you. Just try this for 21 days and see what happens to you. I know you won't want to go back to the old you.

No comments:

Post a Comment