Tuesday, July 12, 2016

We Don't Trust Each Other & Honestly...We Shouldn't

First off I would like to thank anyone whom is following me on a regular basis. By my stats it's all 2 of you. So thank you so much. I'm not a writer, as you all can tell by my writings. haha. But I am real, and I do have a story. So thank you for reading my Blog. I do really do appreciate you wanting taking time out and reading something I have to say. It really means a lot to me. God Bless you.

Today in therapy I was served a nice piece of humble pie. Today the tables got turned on me and I was the one doing wrong. I was the one having to defend myself. I feel like Mike has felt this way for the last 15 weeks. It's not a fun position to be in. I can't tell you how many times I wanted to get up from that couch an run out of that room. But I didn't and I'm giving me one point towards "adulthood" for that.

The reason we sought out counselling in the first place is because of me accusing Mike of cheating on me multiple times. It was time we tried  this whole "marriage counselling" thing again. We tried once before but our hearts weren't ready to forgive. Or maybe we weren't ready to become adults? This time we told each other that God was going to lead this, not us. So far, we have let Him. Jesus has not let us down. We are healing.

The real problem with our marriage, the one that no one was dealing with, is TRUST. We don't trust each other. I believe there are several reasons for that. Mike and I are surrounded by families that are either divorced or going through a divorce. Mostly because of infidelity. And when you see your friend (the one with the perfect family) going through a divorce due infidelity, it shakes you. I start thinking it could happen to Mike and I.

I feel vulnerable, and that is not a fun feeling.  But here's why; Mike has to depend on me not to cheat on him. I have to depend on Mike not to cheat on me. It's a control issue. I'll admit it, I can be humble at time. haha. I can't control Mike and he can't control me. I can only control my Faith that Jesus will watch out over Mike. Jesus will always be my comfort in my life. I have to take Mike to the alter and hand him over to Jesus. I have to stop being his "Holy Spirit". Mike is in control of Mike and vise versa.

Personally I don't blame us for not trusting each other. I look at the way we treat each other with things. He hides making money from me and I hide spending money from him. I hide things in my personal life and he hides his friends from me. We don't trust each other, and honestly...we shouldn't. I'm so ashamed we I look back and see how poorly we treated each other with money! I completely understand why we are the way we are now. I get why we don't trust each other.  My thinking was, "well, if Mike can hide money so well from me, what else can he hide?" It's all fear based and it's all the devil.

So today in therapy I had to tell Mike a secret of mine and of course it was on a day that our basement floods, our daughter's car is leaking oil, and Mike was on his own because I had our other daughter at the doctor's office. Oh, our son was sick and jobless and Mike said, "I couldn't even yell at him to get a job because he was sick".  Not a good morning for our therapist to tell me I have to tell my husband, that I'm trying to stay married to, that I have a secret. Not a big crazy life changing secret. And not a secret I wish to share...haha  So I told him, after about 1 solid minute of stuttering and looking at our therapist for a life vest, that she never threw out. She says, "It's best just to say exactly what it is".

I sat in that room for 40 minutes feeling like how Mike has felt for the last 15 weeks. He told me how he doesn't trust me, and I get it. But he didn't yell, he's not like that. Where I am. I love that about Mike, he is so meek. Meek means a Controlled Strength. How cool is that! That is my Lion. I am amazed how strong my husband is that he was able to take 15 weeks of therapy feeling like I did this last one. I'm learning to trust Mike a little a day. But as the days go on I feel this momentum in my heart opening up to him.

Maybe I fought Mike so hard because he has really nice qualities? Ones I don't have. You know how they say opposites attract? I believe that. I loved Mike because he was calm and strong. And he loved me because I was outgoing and passionate. At the same time I'm loving those qualities about Mike, I'm envious.  I'm jealous that being calm doesn't come naturally to me, but Mike's as cool as a cucumber.  I'm always wanting what I can't have, even if it is my spouse's personality. haha




















No comments:

Post a Comment