Saturday, March 5, 2016

A Roller Coaster Called Marriage

We are to love and trust our spouse like we love and trust Jesus. We are told to do that by Jesus. When we marry our soulmate we are yoked together with Jesus. So if you can imagine two people fused together as one and then handcuffed with Jesus. I know that sounds weird but that is what comes to my head. That is what marriage is to me.

Mike and I made a promise to each other in front of God when we got married.  We committed we would stay with one another through thick and thin. Mike and I are soulmates, but sometimes it doesn't feel that way. The world gets in the way. And the devil is the prince of the world. It feels like there are times that we get dirt kicked in our faces.  It is our responsibility to wash our faces off, and not allow it to happen to us anymore. 

I know that we have only been in therapy for 2 weeks, but it feels like things are starting to change. I am sure that our situation will fluctuate like a roller coaster. But I can say for the first time that I'm up for the ride. I made a promise to God that I would stay with this man. I'm going to be accepting of him with all his flaws and hang ups. Because I have flaws and hang ups too. 

He might have stepped out on our marriage, but if he is willing to work on why he has done it, isn't that worth me staying? I am not innocent in damaging our marriage. He wants to work on our marriage and he does love me. I love him too. I have to learn to shut up (because I'm a talker/shouter) and learn to listen. He has a lot to say, I just need to allow him to say it. We are both flawed and we want to heal together. That is one thing we said wanted out of therapy. We want to grow up together. 

We are middle aged teenagers, wanting what we want not thinking about the other person. We have decided that needs to stop. I'm excited for my future with Mike. That is the first time I can say that and mean it. Thank you for your prayers. Please let me know what I can pray for you for.  This is by no means the end of my marriage journey. God Bless you all.

No comments:

Post a Comment