Tuesday, March 8, 2016

I'm Not Crazy, It's The Holy Spirit!

When God shows you a vision you need to jump on that vision right away. I mean like don't look back and get going. I have always wondered what God wanted out of me. I have done so many personality tests,Christian Gifts tests, and career path tests one can take and I still didn't know what God wants out of me. At least that was until today. Now I do.

Sometimes you're "training" for something for God and don't even know it?!?! Well, I now realize I have been in training for God and didn't even know it. Back in July, 2014 I had a personal encounter with the Holy Spirit. I mean, The Holy Spirit got "real" with me. And made His presence known in my life. And at that moment my life started to change. I started to see myself differently, like I was worth something. It was an awakening if you will. I was saved September, 1992 but my first one on One encounter with the Holy Spirit was in 2014. It's called "Baptism of the Holy Spirit". I believe that being saved and Baptism by the Spirit are two totally different things.

Some churches don't teach it that way. No one ever taught it to me...EVER. But I know that day was my day the Holy Spirit revealed Himself to me.  How do I know this?  Through God, and a lot of prayer. Oh, did I mention my family thought I went crazy that day and took me to a hospital for a "psychiatric" evaluation. I went because I knew I wasn't crazy, and I asked God to help me out of this. Mike took me to the E.R. that evening. While my extended family waited patiently by the phone to find out if they were going to admit me and throw away the key.

But you know how Great God is! He never leaves us in time of need. My Social Worker the hospital assigned to me happened to be an Ordained Minister. That's right! A Woman Of God!!! The Social Worker and I had an incredible talk about what just happened to me. She told me to get into the Bible.  I had to stop feeding on the "milk" of the wWord and get into the "meat". She told me that I have Gifts and that I need to use them. But watch the "Fruits of my Labor". (being the results of my actions) And if my "fruits" hurt others then they are not fruits of the Lord. It was a miracle she was there...A God Miracle.

Mike witnessed this whole exchange. And our only agreement for me going to the hospital in the first place was, if something miraculous happened he had to tell my family. Because at the time my family wasn't talking to me. They thought I went crazy.

At the end of my evaluation I was  released to go home. They didn't keep me, because I wasn't crazy!  If anything they thought my family needed to chill out. And I needed to do some changes also. I was thankful that God put that woman of God in my path at a time I needed guidance. He knew what I needed at the right time. We got in the car and started to drive home. I asked Mike if he would call my family and tell them about this incredible experience....He never did.

He couldn't tell them, and still hasn't told anyone about that visit. To this day I don't know why. I still have some resentment towards him for that. I don't know his motivation behind that.  I can only see negative motivation, and I don't want to think of him. But as the saying goes, "the truth hurts". I have to remind myself it's in the past. Since then my family and I have made up. (all but my sister and I) I'm not sure how to fix that one.



Hebrews 6:4 It is impossible for those who have once been enlightened, who have tasted the heavenly gift, who have shared in the Holy Spirit, who have tasted the goodness of the word of God and the powers of the coming age and who have fallen[c] away, to be brought back to repentance. To their loss they are crucifying the Son of God all over again and subjecting him to public disgrace. 


Matthew 3:11-12The Message (MSG)

11-12 “I’m baptizing you here in the river, turning your old life in for a kingdom life. The real action comes next: The main character in this drama—compared to him I’m a mere stagehand—will ignite the kingdom life within you, a fire within you, the Holy Spirit within you, changing you from the inside out. He’s going to clean house—make a clean sweep of your lives. He’ll place everything true in its proper place before God; everything false he’ll put out with the trash to be burned.”

No comments:

Post a Comment