Thursday, February 11, 2016

Even Kings get Depressed

I find when I don't make time to read my Bible and pray the choices I make in life are "off". I seem to spend a little more money, cuss like a sailor, and accept bad behavior from the people around me. But all it takes is for ME to open my Bible again and just read. Or just say "Hi" to God. Talk with Him like you would a best friend. Have a conversation out loud with God so people think you are talking to yourself. He will answer your questions when you do this. Try it. He's there! He's waiting patiently on you.

I've been using my Bible time for time to heal from all this turmoil in my marriage. I was reading Revelation. And jumping between that Book and John. But I need comfort right now so I went to Psalms. Some of the verses start out with so much pain and end in love. I have found a lot of comfort in reading this part of the Bible. Then I got to Psalm 13...

You see David felt abandoned by God. David suffered emotionally just like the rest of us, but he was a King. David struggled with some of the same temptations we have now. We all feel at times abandoned by God, especially when bad things happen to us for NO reason. But He has never left us. Bad things happen to all of us. No one is excluded. We have no control over the abuse. We have control over ourselves.

Everyone is a victim of something. But the real question is what are you going to do with that knowledge of "suffering"? Are you going to help others? Or are you going to do what the devil wants you to do and live in fear? Do you want to be a victim all your life? This is how addictions start, be it sexual, chemical, or financial. People don't want to deal with the abuse they suffered. They want to be numb.

God will take that suffering away instantly! It is amazing! Faster than David can Psalm 13:5 "throw himself headlong into Your arms" God takes away the pain of your abuse. Just ask Him to and then  allow yourself to let go of it. Forgive yourself and everyone involved. You have to truly mean it. Jesus didn't suffer the torture and hanging on the cross for nothing. This is exactly why He died for us.

Ask God to first forgive you for whatever part you need to ask for forgiveness in. I know this will make some mad, but please stay with me! Forgiveness because you didn't tell anyone or did the abuse send you into bad behavior? So ask God for forgiveness. Then ask God to forgive the people involved. They didn't know they were going to screw up your life. They were being selfish and were just thinking about what they wanted at that moment.You have to truly mean all this.

Then you have to ask God to take this memory away. And you have to visualize a part of this memory and physically give that picture to God. You can throw it, which is kind of disrespectful, you can rip it up, mine was a size of a movie theater screen and I grabbed it from the bottom corner, squatted down and heaved it up and away. It was pretty cool if I say so myself.  

You have to truly not want any part of this memory anymore. That means you don't want the anger excuse anymore. That means you don't want the "I'm a drug addict because I was abused" excuse anymore. This means all that. But I promise you this, the life you are about to live is so bright and light. I mean like feather weight light. God is the All-Mighty Healer! We really don't need anyone or anything else!
1-2 Long enough, God
    you’ve ignored me long enough.
I’ve looked at the back of your head
    long enough. Long enough
I’ve carried this ton of trouble,
    lived with a stomach full of pain.
Long enough my arrogant enemies
    have looked down their noses at me.
3-4 Take a good look at me, God, my God;
    I want to look life in the eye,
So no enemy can get the best of me
    or laugh when I fall on my face.
5-6 I’ve thrown myself headlong into your arms—
    I’m celebrating your rescue.
I’m singing at the top of my lungs,
    I’m so full of answered prayers.




No comments:

Post a Comment