Saturday, February 6, 2016

A Mechanics Heart

Last night we found out that we might have been taken by this mechanic. He replaced my daughter's transmission in her car when it didn't need to be.

The problem with my daughter's car ended up being because my husband drilled through a wire while putting on her front bumper. But Mike didn't put 2 + 2 together. So instead he replaced the engine...twice, switched the computer in it 4 times, and spent countless hours rewiring that stupid car.

After doing this for a month he finally gave up and took it to this guy who rebuilt the transmission that didn't need rebuilding. And after that was done the mechanic calls us to let us know about that stupid screw! So now we are going to be out thousands of dollars.

I'm not going to lie, I was freaking out! Plus I was sort of mad at Mike. I think any normal person would be. It was careless work on his part. But then who am I to be like that? Have I never made a mistake? Am I really qualified to judge him? The answer to those questions are; yes I have made many mistakes and no I'm not qualified to judge him. Just like he's not qualified to judge me.

We decided this was too big of a deal for us to handle on our own. We needed to give this whole dilemma to God. I personally don't want to worry about it. I have better things to do with my time. We prayed that God will help with this situation financially, that God will convict that mechanics heart to do the right thing, and that we have grace.

I'll let you all know how God won in the end. Because God always wins. 

No comments:

Post a Comment